Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Colon Hydrotherapy (Colonics) in Los Angeles with Cindy Fulsom

Welcome to Vitality Flow Colon Hydrotherapy!
We believe vibrant health and happiness is your birthright.

If you have been considering getting a colon hydrotherapy session, you may want to check out some of the most commonly asked questions about the treatment below. If you have any additional questions or concerns, you can contact Cindy Fulsom, Certified Colon Hydrotherapist  at  vibranthealth88@gmail.com or at (310) 387-0075. 

"When the obstruction in a gutter is removed, the water flows freely. Similarly, when the poisons and toxins in the body are eliminated, health and vitality flow freely." ~Swami Sivananda
 

Colon Hydrotherapy FAQ
 
What is colon hydrotherapy?

 


"Colon hydrotherapy, also known as colonics, is a safe, effective method of removing waste from the large intestine, without the use of drugs. By introducing filtered and temperature regulated water into the colon, the waste is softened and loosened, resulting in evacuation through natural peristalsis. This process is repeated a few times during a session.

Colon hydrotherapy is best used in combination with adequate nutrient and fluid intake as well as exercise. Today's sophisticated technology promotes both the safety and sanitation of this popular cleansing practice." (as defined by the International Association for Colon Hydrotherapy)












What type of equipment is used for the colon hydrotherapy session?

 
I use the HydroSan equipment.  It is a "closed system, meaning the waste matter is released through a tube that is directly  connected to the sewage system. There is no odor and no mess.







 


How many colonics will I need?

 
The number of sessions you choose to do really depends on your personal health goals. I individualize all cleanse programs based on what it is that you are trying to achieve. We can chat by email or phone and determine what makes the most sense for you. I get many calls from people who are looking to do a cleanse, feel less bloated, increase energy, lose weight, or get relief from constipation to name a few. On the first session, sometimes a lot of waste material comes out and sometimes not much at all. It just depends on several factors including your ability to relax, the condition of your health and colon, your diet and water intake to name a few.
 

Can I go to work after a colonic?

Yes, you will be fine to go about your day after the colonic session without any problems.


Do I need to take any herbs while doing a colonic series?
 
For some people, it is a good idea to combine your colonic series with an herbal cleansing program, although it is not absolutely necessary. I personally like the combination of Baltone and Fiber Regulator. Most people get great results with it.
 
I have other programs as well. If you would like a personalized program to fit your specific needs, you can arrange an office or phone consultation with me and I will assist you in creating the right cleanse for you. Herbs help you to continue the cleansing process and they help the colon remove a lot more waste material than just the water alone.

Can I do a colonic if I have my period?

 
Yes. At the time of your menstrual period, your body is already in a mode of cleansing. There is a large absorbent pad underneath you during the session. You can either wear a tampon or go without if you usually wear pads.

 
Do I need to do anything to prepare for a colonic?

In general ,drink 6-8 glasses of water and/or herbal teas in the days before your session if you can. If you are not much of a water drinker, do the best you can. GOOD WATER INTAKE MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE IN YOUR RESULTS! Do not eat or drink 2 hours before your session.  

The following guidelines are very helpful as well. 
 
24 Hours before your session, it is a good idea to:
* Eat light natural foods such as fruits, vegetables and grains.
* Avoid gas producing foods (broccoli, carbonated drinks, white wine, and anything that gives you gas).

The day of your session
* Don't eat or drink anything 2 hours before the session.

* It is a good idea to avoid alcohol, caffeinated tea coffee, carbonated drinks, chocolate, processed  junk foods, dairy products, sugar.

* Have a light healthy lunch.

How long does a session take?

The actual session is 30-45 minutes. You will spend some time in the bathroom afterwards, so give yourself an hour. Sessions start on time. At the first session, you will have some paperwork to fill out when you arrive so come 5 minutes early.

 
Can I eat after my colonic?
 
Yes, you can eat right after your session. Healthy choices such as soups, salads, fresh fruits, broth, brown rice and steamed veggies or juices will feel best.

Are the materials used sanitary?
 
Yes. We use disposable speculums and tubing. Each prepackaged kit is only used once and then disposed of.

 
Does it hurt?

This might be the number one question that people ask! It does not hurt. You may feel some strange sensations like feeling like you need to have a bowel movement or like pressure building up and then being released. If you have gas, there may be some slight cramping. Most people are afraid to let go the first time as they think that the tube will come out and there will be an explosion. That does not happen even though it may feel like it will sometimes! I use some abdominal massage and acupressure points to facilitate the process and make it more pleasant for you.

 






 







Is it embarrassing?

 Not at all. During the session you are lying on your back or side and you are covered with a gown and sheet.

 
Do colonics remove the good bacteria from the colon?

In addition to the removal of old waste material, some of the friendly (probiotic) bacteria is removed from the colon during a colonic. However, the friendly bacteria grows back. A healthy colon has about 80% good bacteria and 20% "bad" (yeasts, E.coli, etc) bacteria. Most people have more "bad" bacteria than they should because of the over consumption of certain types of foods (including sugars and refined/processed foods and antibiotic use) in the diet and certain conditions in the colon that make it a favorable place for bad bacteria to overgrow. A probiotic supplement should be taken after colonic to help the good bacteria proliferate. Incidentally, every time you take a shower or bath, you are removing "good" bacteria from the skin which also replenishes itself.

Who is getting colon hydrotherapy?
 
People just like you! The people who come to Vitality Flow are interested in improving their well-being.

I've been a raw foodist for a long time, why would I consider a colonic?
 
Absolutely! The body accumulates toxins from various sources - what we eat is just a part of the story. Living in Los Angeles, our body is constantly filtering toxins from the air we breath. Also, often food is poorly digested and assimilated due to stress (mental or emotional), overeating, eating late at night, dehydration or not chewing food well enough. These factors can put stress our digestive system and cause the colon to retain extra waste.

 
What are contraindications for colon hydrotherapy?

You should not have colon hydrotherapy if you have any of the following: Severe Cardiac Disease, Aneurysm, Severe Anemia, Ulcerative colitis (not a contraindication if a physician approves colon hydrotherapy) , Crohn's Disease (not a contraindication if a physician approves colon hydrotherapy), Cirrhosis, Fissures, Fistulas, Advanced Pregnancy, Abdominal Hernia, Recent Colon Surgery, Renal Insufficiency. If you have any doubts, consult your physician.

What causes constipation?

Some of the main causes of constipation are sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercise, insufficient water intake, eating too many processed foods and not enough fiber, constant worry and frustration. There are others.

How much does it cost?

Each colon hydrotherapy session includes acupressure & abdominal massage

Single Colon Hydrotherapy Session $90

Add Ons
+ Reiki $25
+ Simple Cleanse $25
+ Enema Consult $25
+ Simple Nutrition Consult $25

 Gift Certificates are now available!
I accept CASH, CHECK, VISA, MASTERCARD, and DISCOVER for payment
Don't eat or drink anything 2 hours before your session
Full 24-hour cancellation required to avoid being charged the full session fee. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Herbal cleanse programs available
 

Testimonials

 I made an appointment for my very first colon hydrotherapy with Cindy, not really knowing what I was getting into and feeling a little unsure of the process. I knew I needed help and I hadn't been feeling very well for a couple of months. My experience with Cindy could not have been better!  First of all Cindy is calm, sweet, bright and cheerful and quite the "picture of health" herself, all of which put me immediately at ease.  I have found that Cindy has a very gentle but most  effective touch as she massages and touches upon acupressure points while administering colon hydrotherapy.  She has guided me through the use of the incredible herbal products that assist the cleansing process greatly , especially when used in combination with Cindy's colonic therapy. Her calm nature and vast knowledge of her field have helped me on the road to recovering my health and I would highly recommend Cindy to anyone is search of better health and lifestyle.
~A.C.

I was nervous and shy about getting my first colonic, and Cindy instantly and throughout the process made me feel not only safe and comfortable, but really enthusiastic about the healing that happens when you rid your body of old toxins.  I did three colonics in three weeks, as well as taking herbs and cleansing supplements to get the most from the experience, and the results were amazing.  I have more energy, my skin  is clear, my eyes are bright and sparkly, and I feel great.  Part of that is the process, and part is Cindy's genuine care and support of her clients.  It was one of the best things I've done for myself.
~B.A.

I was slightly apprehensive about having a colonic, or to be perfectly honest, I was terrified.  Not knowing what to expect was intimidating and my imagination was running wild with fear. Thanks to Cindy's expertise and gentle, compassionate manner, the colonic went very well and was a very comfortable procedure. Afterwards, my bloating and excess gas subsided and I felt much better. I would definitely recommend the procedure to anyone who wants  to feel better.
~J.F. 

 Initially, I decided to try a colonic as I had heard that it might help with my eczema since it clears to the body of toxins.  Finding a good colon hydrotherapist was another thing. Fortunately, I was referred to Cindy's website an after reading about the process of colonics and after finding out more about Cindy, I was confident I had found the right person.  Cindy was even more than I had hoped for.  She is so kind, knowledgeable, and was patient to explain every step during the session.  Besides being an amazing colon hydrotherapist, she is always willing to explain foods you should eat to feel healthier and more energetic.  My eczema is now under control thanks to the colonic sessions and I greatly appreciate everything Cindy has done for me. So if you are thinking about getting a colonic, Cindy is the BEST!
~I.V.





Vitality Flow Colon Hydrotherapy
Serving Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Manhattan Beach, Pacific Palisades, Malibu, Venice, Mar Vista, Culver City, Palos Verdes, Bel Air, West Hollywood, Hollywood and Hollywood Hills, Hermosa Beach and Redondo Beach.